Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exploded part shift

SKYBLUE

When I create a .drw from an assembly and explode the viewand save the .drw. The next time I open the .drw the parts exploded parts have shifted. What's up with that and how do I correct it? Also, where is the view manager? I'm using wf2
Edited by: SKYBLUE

SKYBLUE,

How did you create the exploded view?

The preferred method is to use the view manager to create an exploded view (basically think of it as an instant of the assembly) and this then becomes the 'model' that you use for your drawing.

Let me know if that was the method that you used..

Kev

Skyblue,

In addition to arroyopr's suggestion, you can choose to make a new exploded view from the view manager as prohammy suggested. From the 3d model: Click the "new" button above the text for default explode. Choose the new explode and redefine the positions and extension lines and save the 3d model. Then you can select the exploded view in the properties of the 2d drawing view that you want to explode.

cheers...

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back