Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

exploded assemblies

jondal

My exploded assemblies do not save. I create them with the view manager just fine andexplode and unexplode with no problems. I save the file, close, clear memory, reopen and everything is lost. My created exploded views are still listed in the view manager but will not explode. I get a "improper assembling encountered" error. Any ideas what is going wrong. The assembly components are all fully constrained.

Thanks in advance

ahhh, just one of the many quirks about Pro-E that drive you nuts when you don't know why it does it this way.

after you get done with your exploded view, click on list to get back to your list of exploded views. you'll see a (+) next to the one you've modified. right click on this and select update.

then file-save and the exploded view will be saved.

not sure why it does this but it drives me nuts too. just like layer status must be manually saved as well as display style must be manually saved.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back