Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

explode view WF3.0

design-engine

that pisses me off in WF3 where when completing a explode state in the view manager.... you have to save the explode state now. As if I am going to spend ten minutes creating the perfect explode and I would not want to save it.

Maybe there is a setting in the config that turns this to auto save?

griping a little.

design-engine said:
that pisses me off in WF3 where when completing a explode state in the view manager.... you have to save the explode state now. As if I am going to spend ten minutes creating the perfect explode and I would not want to save it.

Maybe there is a setting in the config that turns this to auto save?

griping a little.

Agreed.

Another gripe I have is the mapkeys that I created for measuring plane to plane and axis to axis no longer work. I tried re-creating them, but they only work about 20% of the time. To top this off, now you have to select different filters twice if you want to measure from a plane to an axis.

If you use Redefine Explode State it will Autosave and after you are done you wont see the + symbol indicating changes were made and an update of the settings is required.

Of course this brings in the old Menu Interface which PTC refuses to remove.
I'm installing Solid Works 2008 right now so I'm not going to launch Pro/E but I believe I posted something on View Manager Usage or I'll check my files and post how to use each method.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back