Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exclude Component from Half Cross-Section

feisthammela

How do you exclude a component from a half cross-section if it has no hatching? For example, it does not intersect the plane used to create the cross-section, but it does intersect the plane that is usedas the half cross-section reference.

Sorry, since we are on the topic of cross section, i have a question to ask. How do you doa cross section cut out that cuts only desired selected items? Something like what you see in a motor show, where you see the internal parts of the engine cut in strategic places and components?

thanks.

feisthammela: Try View - Drawing Display - Component Display - then select "BLANK" from the menu, and select the component to exclude. You might have to change it to a full view first, and then change it back to a half view once you are done.

Thank you SRINIVASANIYER1.

I have tried it. it works for drafting. However, what if i want it in assembly mode?
I have used Solid Edge before and it allows me to do it in assembly mode. What i would like to achieve is similar to a cut out of an engine which is shown during motorshow. (in assembly mode) can pro e do this?

Otherwise you can select the hatching lines, right click then select properties. You can now find the hatching options, here you can exclude the portion where you do not want the hatching.

Jotry said:
What i would like to achieve is similar to a cut out of an engine which is shown during motorshow. (in assembly mode) can pro e do this?
I am on WF2. To the extent of my knowledge goes "NO" unless I am missing something. WF3 or WF4 if possible I do not know.

WF2 is a no, don't know the others. But if you don't care about hatching, you can make an assembly cut and exclude the components you don't want to be cut and it will look just the way you wanted except it doesn't have the hatching.

hi...

There are three ways to show "cut section Except inside part".

1. Assembly Cut.

2. solidify.

3. Using menu manager.

Hi Jotry,

If you right click on the hatching and go to the properties, you will have the option exclude components. Using that you can exclude component that you like to. Here is a simple example.....

Shankar
Edited by: shankar_me

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back