Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Excel to Drawing Table

prabhakaran

Gents,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have excel contains a B.O.M (like Qty, Part number, Part name). My scope is I want to enter the B.O.M manually in the drawing table, because there is no associative model in the drawing. The B.O.M is around 300 to 500 components.

Is there is any ways to easily translate the data from Excel to pro/e drawing table.

Looking forward your help.

Prabhakaran

You can insert the excel table directly in ProE but it will be not parametric, which is fine in your case.

Insert, #Object, #Create new from file and browse to the file name of the worksheet

You will have some trouble plotting it in some builds of wildfire 2.

prabhakaran,

You started your posting by addressing "gents" only while there are ladies members as well in this forum. I remember tinag and lesley are lady members.

slashct is right, WF 2.0 M160 and M180 won't have trouble with it.

Israr

There is no way to do what you are asking directly, even with Pro/TOOLKIT or J-LINK. The functionality is too limited to accomplish it with any sense of flexiability (unless you are happy with only building tables one direction and are willing to spend a lot of time formattting things to the n-th degree).

Nitro-Cell will not do this, Nitro-BOM is likely your best bet. But you will have to store the data as parameters in a part and then use the report functionality to generate the report on a drawing. Kind of a pain in the tail, but is definately more flexible for including information that is not generated inside of Pro/E into Pro/E.

I personally do not recommend putting external non-Pro/E data on a drawing, especially BOM data,that is not parametric to the model in some way. Even then, I prefer to use something like Nitro-BOM to export what I need directly to Excel... (if MRP/ERP is the target for the data).

Hope that makes sense.
smiley2.gif

Dave

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back