Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

EMX 6 BOM question

tdegroot

The bom function in emx 6 seems to operate differently from emx 4. For instance, I have two identical screws assembled, but in different components. The screws are listed in the bom 2 times with a quantity of 1 each time. What I would like is for them to only be listed once with a quantity of 2. In the release notes forthe emx 5 training (I do not have emx 6 training), it is stated that the parameters that are used to recognize identical components can be set up by the user, that you can drive wether two components will be listed as one position or as two positions. I can not seem to locate the information on how to do this. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Tom D.

Go to EMX configuration Options and in PARAMETER Tab you have the "USE TO SUMMARIZE" column. Setup with (Y)es the parameters you want EMX to compare. If the parameters you setup with YES have the exact same values then EMX will add them in quantity.
Hope this helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back