Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Embedded dimensions

prohammy

Hey all,

I know that this is probably quite easy and for the life of me I can't think of a way of doing it (I have a feeling that my brain has frozen)

If I have two dimensions on a drawing, one the diameter of a threaded hole (

You can change directly the diameter dimension to read M12 x &ad25. (will be something like M@d x&ad25 )To write this directly in the diameter dimension. But I had problems with this, because the dimensions are not always updating. So I always create a note and write those two in note. This way they always update.

Vlad,

I have tried that as a solution, but can't get the dimension to display M12 x 25, all it does is M12 x &add*. This is begining to worry me. I'm sure I did this before but just can't remember how the hell I did it......

smiley19.gif

Kev

M@D X &d111

You add &d... for model dimensions and &ad... for dimensions created in the drawing. At my end is working.

Vlad,

Sorry, a typo in my last post, I know that it is &d and &ad (ie switch dim info).

When I do it as a note, this works perfectly, but when I try to do it as an embedded dimension I get the M12 x &ad111......As the French would say, Je suis confused.

Have you any idea if there is a config or .dtl setting that I could manipulate?

Cheers

Kev

the only option I can think of that has an influence is:

draw_models_read_only set to no

View attachment 3730

If this is set to yes the model dimensions that you add in drawing can't be changed, thus you can't add &d111 to a model dimension.

ljcorbin,

I have tried this and for the life of me I cannot get it to work......This is driving me insane
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

Have a look at this please and tell me if you see anything that I am doing wrong

View attachment 3736

Kev
Edited by: prohammy

You need to have a number: before the &. Like this {0:&D3765}

This is the format the old proe text editor used. By the way I am running Wildfire 2
Edited by: ljcorbin

Are you sure you have the name of the dimension you want to embed called out correctly? All of the dimensions I have added only have one 'd' like 'ad123' Below I created the dia10 and added the 25.11 to it. Otherwise I don't know why you can't get it to work.View attachment 3737

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back