Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

element with DBID .. has invalid geometry

camiel

Hi there.. first time post here
smiley4.gif

Well.. i have meshed an volume.. no errors during meshing. but then i start the analysis and i get an error:
The element with DBID ... has invalid geometry

Well off course i want to know where this element is.. but i cant seem to find a way to get element names. Been searching for this quite a while...

So how can i identify/locate certain elements.. with a DBID ?

Greetings, C.

Camiel,

The only way to get elements id and trouble shoot the problem is by transferring your model to to Independent interface of mechanica and try torun the analysis there. Whatversion of ProE are youruining?

Luis
Edited by: Luis Aguirre

wildfire 2.0, i noticed in Independent mode you have more options yes... to see what goes wrong. But i have another question about independent mode.. Is it possible to use autogem controls? (to create custom mesh..)

Because i couldn't find that and that's why im not using it anymore.. I cant mesh the part normally.

But thanks for the reply;)

Camiel,

Yes in independent mode you have more optios to trouble shoot problems with the mesh. Unfotunately, the only way that you can control the mesh is by creating features to force the mesher to create smaller elements. Prior to wildfire this is the way it was done as well in Integrated mode (ProE enviroment).

Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back