Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Editing stored formats (FRM files)

tcookson

Where do the "system formats" live on disk, and how may I edit them? I have a standard company format that I would like to use on my drawings, and right now I have to search it out in the file system and manually include it in each drawing at the time of creation. If I can get it into the default format list my life will be easier.

Also, I can no longer edit drawings I've made in the past (some as recently as 2 days old). I had to restructure where my data was on disk, and I'm afraid this is part of the problem. I get an error message saying I need to buy Pro/DETAIL, which as far as I know I never had installed or even needed in the past. What gives?

tcookson,

in a typical installation you should be able to find them in your c drive.

C:\PTC\proe(version)\formats

C:\PTC\proe(version)\templates

I suggest you copy what is there if you intend to modify them, or add your new ones. I prefer to keep these in my own personal drive and refer to that location in the config.

cheers,

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back