Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

edge display

nreaves

I have 2 assembly drawings of the same model. The settings are No hidden line and tangent edge display is set to solid. On 1 drawing the straight edges appear as they should and on the other drawing the edges do not appear. I have tried VIEW> Drawing Display> Edge display and this does not seems to work.

Any ideas?

Are these drawing made with the same DTL settings?

If so, have you:
<UL>
<LI>tried to unhide the edges with View > Drawing Display > Edge Display > Hidden Line and selected edges you want to be visible?</LI>
<LI>accidently set HLR for components (Component Display) on one drawing but not on the other?</LI>[/list]

Do you have interference between the parts? This can cause Pro/E to have seemingly random problems with hidden line removal. One view or drawing is OK, another is wrong.

nreaves,

It would not happen to be the model of an assembly, would it? Then I would check for part interference, because that does quirky things with the hidden line removal.

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back