Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ecad_in.log

jg_g4m3r

I keep receiving Warnings concerning different lines in my ecad_hint.map file having errors in them but when I opened the .map file as txt in excel and looked at the lines listed, I couldn't find anything wrong with them. Any suggestions?

I am importing pcb idf files generated from Altium Designer 10 into ProE, we have Wildfire 2.0.

The errors show up in the .log file like this:

Warning : error in ecad_hint.map file. Line 6490

Warnin g : error in ecad_hint.map file: incorrect record started at line #17276

Is there any way to really know what needs fixing and fixing it?

I appreciate any help, it makes my head spin everytime I see it as I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks much,

Jackie G.

I've had generic errors like the first one you listed. I finally decided it was due to multiple components listed with the same mechanical or electrical component name (ie one model for multiple electrical components, or multiple mechanical models referencing the same electrical component).

Not sure what the other error might be. Maybe you could paste in some of your file before and after these line numbers. To locate the line, open with Notepad, turn WordWrap off (under the Format menu). Then Ctrl+G will allow you to enter the line number you want to jump to.

<tg>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back