Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

.DXF--->.SYM ???

bonar

Hello all my skilledfriends,

l have a picture .JPEG ,that l converted into .DXF (using Corel). And now l want use this DXF file for creating .SYM file for my drawing formats. Could you pls give me any advice about creating new symbols in ProE 5? Just something like INSERT-NEW SYMBOL-.... and will find it than.l tryed LAYERS-INSERT OBJECT-FROM FILE and it inserted only contour of my picture, but l need to fill this contour black color. Or is it a problen in Corel and shall l repair my DXF file in Corel?

Here is my SXF file imported to ProE 5 format... if you want, so let

The Symbol Gallery is found under the Annotate Tab and the format section of the ribbon. This will bring up the symbol menu that will allow you to create the *.sym fie.
Edited by: kdem

Thx you Mr. Kdem!!!
smiley32.gif
l discovered new function in drawing... LAYOUT-IMPORT DRAWING DATA- import my .DXF or .DWG file with my logo, that l

If it gets you what you want great. I'm not real familiar with bringing in images created in other programs and using them in a drawing. The ones I've tried I was able to get them exported to a sym file but when bringing them into a drawing I have to convert them to draft entities before they show.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back