Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Duplicate file problem

straupma

I am trying to get WF3 set up for migration. In doing so, I'm creating quick parts and assemblies to test our mapkeys etc. Meaning leaving the default .prt name prt0001 and hitting ok. The "The file c:\xxx\xxx\prt0001.prt.1already exists, continue anyway?" comes up. Well in WF2 I don't remember it being a problem, I just hit ok and if for whatever reason I feel I need to save, it'll save in my working directory. Now I'm finding that if I save, it is saving in the place the duplicate part name came from. I'm thinking down the road when we start new projects, that there are many times we'll be creating parts called "bracket" and we'll be stepping on each other with our "brackets". Is there a way to shut this off, to save in the working directory only? I've gone through the config options and nothing stood out as a fix. We aren't using Intralink or anything.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back