Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dual dims

nfalter

When showing a counter bore on the drawing (5X n@Dx.192
n.178 THRU). Copy and paste didn't work very good here. But the counter bore dimension has a diameter of .325[8.26] depth .192 and a thru diamter of .178, With dual dims the only dual dimension I get is the counter bore. Is there a way other than overwriting to show the depth and the thru as adual dim? I tried to add the add... numbers in the properties window but had no luck.

Try using either all draft or all shown dimensions. I tested it with student version and had no problem combining the two types but I do remember having this problem in the commercial versions. I don't recall if the issue was resolved or not. It will be a couple days before I could try the commercial version again.

Draft dimensions are created, added, or driven dimensions. It's been a while since I used WF2 but I'm not sure this issue was corrected (it was corrected in WF3). When you combine the dimensions it should have the form 5X @D &d# (or &ad# for draft dimensions) with the desired symbols.

one of our recent past students who has over 25000 hrs on Pro/E and who recently took the one week surfacing intensive told me... that they told their upper level management; "you could not do dual dimensioning in Pro/E" because they don't want to do it. I really laughed at this one.

Here is a config.pro option that seems to contol the creation of drawing dimensions: create_drawing_dims_only. I don't know if WF2 has it but if it does setting it toNO may allow you to combine shown and created dimensions. After setting it to NO created dimensions have names in the form ad# instead of add#.

Hi kdem,

I was combining show dims not show and create. I found out that just adding the d# wasn't enough. I just had to add &d532. I was missing the ampersand which gives us both english and metric.

ed

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back