Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dual dimensioning for family table parame

Sridhar.V

Hi all

I'd retrieved family table indrawing and am trying to show dual dimensioning in the table.anyone plz help me how to do this?

Thanx

V.Sridhar

see if this will help:

How to Show Dual Dimension for a Part with Family Table in a Repeat Region?

Details
Additional Information

Description
-----------------
How to show dual dimension for a part with family table in a repeat region?

Alternate Technique
-----------------

See resolution below.

Resolution
-----------------

1. Create a Repeat Region for family table Part without using 2D Repeat Region.
2. Add a Repeat Region relation for the required columns to show the dual dimension by selecting # Table > Repeat Region > Relations> #Select the Region >Add and add the relation as below.
If fam_inst_param_value<>0
convert=fam_inst_param_value*25.4
Endif
(In the above relation 25.4 is an conversation factor to convert the dimension from inches to mm)
3. Select the cell for which Repeat Region is defined, # RMB> Properties, in the Note Properties window, add (&rpt.rel.convert[.#]) below the &fam.inst.param.value
&rpt.rel.<parameter name> [.#], # - specifies the number of decimal places to be displayed for the parameter.
4. Update the table to show dual dimension.
Refer the link http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/dwt_no2d/dwt_no2d.htm for the Suggested Technique for Creating a Table of a Family Table Part Without Using a 2D Repeat Region

Thanx for the responses

but am not able to create the above relations in repeat region.

Moreover i want to do it for 2D region.

Regards,

V.Sridhar

I haven't tried this, I found the article on PTC site. Right now I'm pretty busy with my work but when I will have a little time I will try.

In the mean time try to make the same steps for a 2d repeat regionas described above. I think it should work don't see why not.

If you already tried this, what does it say, do you have an error message or something that is showing?

I tried to make it work for a 2d family table and it's not, I can create the relation add the parameter to the table but the value is not showing.

I guess that's why PTC has suggested to create this without using 2d repeat regions. So if it works without I don't see why you can't use this method.
Edited by: vlad1979

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back