Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dual Dimension Tolerances

chjgg

Hi,all, have you met the same question I described in my attached picture? I keep boring for a long time, and I need to know the answer or the corret way of my question, can anyone who knows that help me?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

View attachment 2729

I am also facing similar problem. Mine is even worst, we need the tolerance for inch to be shown as fraction and tole for metric to be shown in digits. Presently, I am working with offset note.

Does anybody has solution to this? Thanks in advance

Jigs

Greetings!

When you want to control the rounding of dimensions you need to set the value for it in the Config.pro or the Config.sup files. Open your settings file from whithin a PRO-E session and do a FIND command on Dimensioning, Rounding. What you need to set is the rounding value so PRO-E knows what to do, either up or down, otherwise it will simply strip the value off the value based upon your precision settings (number of places).

Hope this helps....

Regards,

-R

Thanks for your helps, Robert. But when I tried to find the two parameters in Proe session, I failed to find it, even in Drawing session. Could you please capture a picture to show how to do that? Anyway, even if I changed the default decimal places from 3 to 4 in Proe session, the problem still could not be solved, that's really a big and annoying problem for me! I'm from China and working for an American company, hope we can be good friends in the future
smiley31.gif
^_^

Using the Number of Digits box in the
Modify Dimension dialog box, you can modify the number of
digits for individual tolerances. This resets a tolerance to a default value
corresponding to the specified number of decimal places. You can then change the
value of individual tolerances.
The num digits value depends on the
setting of the configuration file option
default_dim_num_digits_changes:

If you set it to yes (the
default), the system sets the number of digits to the last value you entered.
Also, when you create dimensions, it defaults to the number of digits associated
with the Num Digits setting.

If you set it to no, it bases the value on the configuration file option
default_dec_places. Also, it defaults to the value in
default_dec_places for created
dimensions.[/list]
When a dimension appears in dual units, the system
calculates the tolerance value of secondary units so that it is always within
the limits established by the tolerance values in primary units. Thus,
truncating, rather than rounding, to the secondary tolerances may occur.
< ="1.2" ="text/">

Thanks for your patient on my question, gallup. It seems that the only way to my question is to reset the secondary unit's decimal places manually when I meet the secondary tolerance values that needrounding, but who can give a reasonable explaination for my attached phenomenon? I think it is one bug of Proe and it needs to be improved in the future version.

smiley19.gif
View attachment 2788

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back