Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

.dtl file ?

proboy

Hi Friends,

In a format,.frm file,right click to properties,I seesome options set for it such as Text_height,Arrow_length and so on.Later,when I create a drawing andbrowse a .dtl file it has so many other options also.

I seethe optionText_Orientation present in the .dtl file of a drawing,but not in the .dtl file of format i.e .frm file.

I require this parameter to be included in the .dt.file of a format

Please help!!!

Text_Orientation only applies to dimensions. If you need to orient a note that appears on the format you do that through the note properties dialog box or when you initially create them.

Ok, but whenever I create a drawing, there is a separate .dtl file located in a folder.

In my company, I'm adviced to activate that particular .dtl file before creating the views.

My question is, before activating that .dtl file(whenI right click properties and say drawing options),I'm able to seethe same options window with all listed parameters with name"active drawing" with all the required parameters such as arrow length,text orientation and so on.. many many..In that I see that Text_orientation is Horizontal, then I activate the company adviced .dtl file from the location. There I see the Text_Orientation is Parallel

All I need is without activating that particular.dtl file, I need the Text_orientation to be Parallel by default whenever I create the dimensions.

Please help!!

This would be related to your other post on the *.dtl. You would set this in the drawing template. The A0 format is just the sheet format, in other words the graphical items that make up things like the sheet border and locations for things like the table cells. The drawing template is the file that contains view setup information. So in the drawing template you would set the options and save the template file. When you create a drawing select the template and the option should be set as required.

Can you please tell me how to do it in stepwise.How to change and save in the drawing template so that it stays forever

Sorry If my question is very silly...Please help

As I mentioned in your other post you need to have access to the template *.drw files to make the changes. If you don't it's something your CAD administrator would do. The file you want to open is the template *.drw file you specify in the New Drawing dialog box.

View attachment 5094

In the picture above you would open the a0_drawing.drw template file. You would then open the File>Drawing Options. Change the options to want you want the values to be selectingAdd/Change or the ENTER key after filling in a value or making a selection. Select Apply. At the top of the Drawing Options dialog box you will see a drop down boxlabeled Showing and it should have Active Drawing in it. Save the template file. When you create a new drawing using this template the drawing options should be set as you want them.

Here is an example:

I created a New drawing and selectedEmpty for the template (see picture above) called DRW0001.drw to be used as a drawing template. Here is my drawing.dtl showing the value for text_orientation:

View attachment 5095

Because I specified Emptyfor the template the options from the drawing.dtl are applied. I save and close the template. Later I decide I need to change the text_orientation value. I open the template file DRW0001.drw and open the drawing options:

View attachment 5096

Change the text_orientation value, selectAdd/Change or ENTER key, and Apply:

View attachment 5097

View attachment 5098

I save the drawing template DRW0001.drw. Because of the dialog settings the changes are not saved to the drawing.dtl. You can open the drawing.dtl and verify:

View attachment 5099

Close the dialog box without saving the changes.

WhenI create a new drawing and select Emptyfor the template, the drawing.dtl is applied and I get:

View attachment 5100

IfI use the DRW0001.drw as the template, the options that were saved with the DRW0001.drw template are applied and I get:

View attachment 5101

View attachment 5102

Edited by: kdem

hi friends

i am using proe5.

1] currently iam using ANSI std. now i have to use ISO
std
for new product. how to set the new dtl file.

2] i created a new dlt file called iso std
and save it. but can't set in active

any one pl's help me
regards
karthi

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back