Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Drill Group Tool" is it Fact or Fiction?

Mr Ray

Has anyone been successful with creating Driil Groups in 3.0 or 4.0 Wildfire?

It appears that it is only a one shot deal. You can only reference the drill group for only one drill cycle. If I go back and try to pick the same drill group for a different drill cycle I get the prompt no holes have been selected. No matter how I create the drill group, AXIS, SURFACES, DIAMETERS, OR PARAMETERS. Everything looks great when I create the group, meaning I can edit the group and hit the SHOW button and the holes are highlighted. My problem is when I'm in a holemaking cycle and I select the group and I get prompt "No holes have been selcted". It's a pain in the butt when you have to keep selecting the same set of holes over and over for every drill cycle.

Has anyone run into this or have a different approach?

As always, Thank you very much!

I think I figured it out!

I renamed the group in the GUI where I created the group and I think that may have jacked it up. So once the group is created in the tree, I can rename it from there. Incidently I was building the drill group while creating the sequnce as well.

Anyway I answered my own dumb question.

I have lost countless hours on naming of things in pro engineer. I got into the habit of using a dash instead of an underscore. dash bad, underscore good.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back