Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing tree annotation

KHartline

I'm working in Creo 2.0 M070 on a drawing that was originally done in WF4.0 and I'm trying to unerase dimensions but annotation does NOT show up in my drawing tree. I have the name of the views but nothing else. I have clicked the "expand all" button and still nothing shows. Is there some setting that turns them off?

I wouldn't need the freekin' alt key if there weren't any tabs!! Grrr!

I hear you, Creo can only do what you tell it. Just like wf4, we had to be in the correct application < drawing, design, >

On a another subject, I am taking a solidworks class, so I can see if I am missing anything. My job requires me to make shop drawings.
SW rocks! WOW what a great cad package, I swear it has fuzzy logic.

I hear you, Creo can only do what you tell it. Just like wf4, we had to be in the correct application < drawing, design, >

On a another subject, I am taking a solidworks class, so I can see if I am missing anything. My job requires me to make shop drawings.
SW rocks! WOW what a great cad package, I swear it has fuzzy logic.

Yeah, way too fuzzy for me.

Fuzzy logic is a form of many-valued logic; it deals with reasoning that is approximate rather than fixed and exact. Compared to traditional binary sets (where variables may take on true or false values) fuzzy logic variables may have a truth value that ranges in degree between 0 and 1. Fuzzy logic has been extended to handle the concept of partial truth, where the truth value may range between completely true and completely false.[1] Furthermore, when linguistic variables are used, these degrees may be managed by specific functions. Irrationality can be described in terms of what is known as the fuzzjective.[citation needed]

I know what fuzzy logic is. I don't think any CAD system uses it.

The problem with SW is it makes a lot of assumptions for you that may be OK when you first model a part but when you start making radical changes it blows up. The is the fuzzy part of SW that sucks. Pro/E makes you explicitly pick all your references and dependencies. That makes it a little harder to use but vastly more stable.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back