Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DRAWING TEMPLATE

ASTALAVISTA

HELLO EVERYONE,
i AM A NOVICE AND STUCK ON A VERY BASIC PROBLEM.
I CREATED A NEW DRAWING FORMAT FOR A NEW COMPANY THAT I JUST JOINED.I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY WAY THAT I CAN ASSIGN PARAMETERS TO TABLE CELLS SO THAT WHENEVER I OPEN A NEW PART ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION SUCH AS
PART NAME...MATL...FINISH...PART NUMBER...SCALE...SHEET NO.
WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY FILLED IN.
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT BOM.I HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT ALREADY.THANKS TO THIS FORUM ONLY.
(THIS IS NOT PART OF MY RESPONSIBILITIES BUT I JUST WANT TO LEARN THIS BASIC THING.)

You can put any model or drawing parameter preceded the "&" character as text in a table and Pro/E will fill it in when start the drawing. For example, &scale will fill in as the default drawing view scale. &model will fill in the model files name.

Hi there,
thanks for your reply.It helped but not fully I must be doing something wrong.
Things that are taken care of with your suggestion are--finish,part_number,material
Missing is---part-name,date,scale.
As soon as open any drawing it prompts "ENTER TEXT FOR THE PARAMETER "SCALE" and then "DATE" and so on.

HI guys thanks for all the responses.
I thought it was pretty much end of this thread but no its getting worse.
I filled in all the 'fixed' information and all the parameters.Our pattern is we have BOM and the assembly isometric with balloons on the first sheet and then 8-9 components on subsequent sheets one by one.We usually get like 14-15 sheets per drawing.
So my template is good and 100% effective if I am using it for one part only.When I try to use it for assembly (first page)it messes up completely.And 2-3 sheets and so on I am having to enter the information such matl,scale manually.
There might be a simple solution but I am definitely not getting it.Please help.

If you have additional components out side of the assembly that are being added to the drawing you need to add the session ID information. To have it added automatically make sure the assembly or part that you want the information for is active before typing the parameter information.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back