Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing table - painted versions

wreck523

Gents,

I'd like to create a BOM table for differently painted versions of the same mechanical assembly. Columns will be, in order, index, part number, description, Assembly 1 qty, Assembly 2 qty, Assembly 3 qty, etc. The different assembly quantities represent how many of each part go into each painted assembly. For example, Assembly 1 gets 2 red parts, 4 black parts, and 1 white part. Assembly 2 gets 3 red parts, 1 black part, and 7 white parts. Currently I have simplified reps including/excluding the parts as needed. I also have the table built up until the 1st qty. column, but when I try to add another qty. column, it doesnt work or blanks the whole table even when I select column model/rep, which is supposed to let you select a different rep to drive a seperate quantity column. Any help here? Is this how most people handle painted assemblies? Much appreciated...

Each assembly will need a seperate bom table. In the bom tables you need to use repeat regions to get item, quantity and description type info populated. When you create the individual tables you should set the model that it is driven by before you create each repaet region.

If you have not used repeat regions, as I suspect, it is worth attemping some training on this. If you are really stuck I can give you exact instructions.

If I am managing painted versions of components, it is normal to havespecific part numbers for each painted version. Each assembly needs these too.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks for replies, but I guess I'll have to keep trying this. The point of the post was to figure out how to combine multiple tables into one. There is no reason to have completely different tables for the same mechanical assembly in this case.

Not sure of the reason for your suspicion, BIGROY, but you ought to check that. Im certainly no super-user but I have been "around the block" so-to-speak in ProE and have been usingrepeat regions for a long time, just never in this specific case. I'll post my results once I've got my painted versions table working correctly.

A similar post was around some time ago. Only the BOM table was not there. I would attempt it this way. Select the solid surfaces and copy paste it. Apply color for each surface.

Create simplified representation or Family table (depends on what parameters are available in the Repeat region report) by including / excluding the features.

add a parameter (cant remember exactly what the parameter is...) for the representation in your BOM.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back