Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing problem, moving a dimention

raptor

I have installed ProEngineer 5.0 Date Code M050, moust of the aplications are working well but I have a problem with drawing, the fact iw that when I select a dimention to relocate it, the new position of the dimention is not updated until I release the dimention, this is a problem because I can not see the final exact location for the dimention.

I experience a similar phenomenon in drawing when I try to move a dimension that is positioned over a cross section view of the part. I cannot get it to grab the dimension. It actually wants to create a zoom box. Dimensions positioned over the sheet background grab and move without any problem. I found that setting the selection filter box to

Hi eddie thanks for your help, I already check that option but I did not got the answer that I am looking for, also I have the same problem on the scketch, I wonder if this problem have some relation with the background color for highlight secondary color in dimensions.

Hi I finally found the answer for the dimension moving problem, this is what works for me.

At the config.pro file there is an option called GRAPHIC you can set up this option as your system need it, for me works the GRAPHIC= OPENGL aslo set up your virtual memory parameters, I have used as minimun value the amount that I have in ram memory 2 giga plus 300 Mb, and the maximun value to 3 times your memory plus 300 mb.

Currently I can see prety well the final position of dimentions when move them to a new location.

I hope this works for you either.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back