Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing opens naked...

jelston

Every now and then i get a drawing to open completely striped of the dimensions I have added. Any thoughts?

Any number of things could have happened:

<ul>[*]The model may not be the one that the drawing initially referenced. As in the model being renamed outside of proe and a completely new model created by that name.
[*]Maybe someone added all the dimensions to a hidden layer.[*]The drawing may not be the current version.[*]The drawing may not have been saved as you thought it was. For instance when using ilink. If you save an item in proe and get a message complaining about model parameters then hit return, the item may not be saved as the default is not to.
[/list]That kind of problem almost always boils down to "Somebody did something unexpected."

one more thing could hapenned:

if you have several drawings for instances in a family table and the drawings were created by replace by instance then if someone deleted some dimensions in one drawing those dimensions will be deleted in all drawings. So in family table drawings if you need to delete a dimension use erase instead of delete.

Are the missing dimensions 'shown dimensions', are or they dimensions created in the drawing? I was trained to creta my dimensions in the drawings and not use 'shown dimensions', and I have never had this problem.

Mindripper said:
Are the missing dimensions 'shown dimensions', are or they dimensions created in the drawing? I was trained to creta my dimensions in the drawings and not use 'shown dimensions', and I have never had this problem.

That's funny, (no sarcasm intended) I am actually to trying to start using "shown" dimensions. But these dimensions were made in the drawing.

I faced a similar problem some time ago. Then I found that the dimensions were very much there but were hidden behind the screen color settings.

Try setting default colors for the screen or Black on White.

This is from MY experience and may or may not work for you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back