Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing format note

BruceC

Hello all,

What we want to do is have a note show up in our
drawings (that already exist) that will reflect the windchill life
state of that drawing.
So what I thought would work is to put a
note in the drawing format that would say
"&PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE:D". The problem is that it works and only
reflects the life state of the drawing format and not the drawing that
is using the format. Is there a way to fix this?

I don't
understand how "&dwg_name" work. If I put that note into my drawing
format it somehow knows to use the name for the correct drawing. Also I
don't know where that parameter even is.

In addition any other watermark or note ideas that would make this would would me great! Thank you

I believe the issue you are having with your parameter driven note text is that when the note is placed in the drawing, there is not a model that the drawing is referencing, therefore the parameter is defaulting to the only value it can find, which is for the drawing format. If you create the drawing before placing the note on the drawing, it should reference the active model for the drawing. If you have more than one part or assembly file associated with your drawing, the note will reference the value of the active model in the drawing. This can throw you for a loop if you are not prepared. Also, I believe that if you make changes to any parameter driven by windchill, you will need to upload or check in the drawing to the server side before the changes will populate, if you intend on printing the drawing before checking it in.

&dwg_name is a system parameter. You can find a list in the Help under Detailing, go to the index, select parameters in drawings>System Parameters for Drawings.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back