Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing dimension text orientation

nreaves

In WF2.0 when you show a dimension in a drawing, you can access Properties for that dimension. On the Text Style tab there is a section on the left for Note/Dimension justification. In the angle section, you can change the angle justification for notes, but not dimensions.

No matter the dimension scheme, the dimension text is viewed horizontally.

Is there a way to change the justification of dimension text so the you can view that text vertically and not horizontally?

Note: You can do this in CATIA, but in Pro/E, this only seems to work on notes and not dimensions.

Look in your .dtl file and sort by categories. Look under the dimensions category and there should be something inside there. Don't currently have a drawing open to look, but there should be something there.

In the .dtl file is an option- text_orientation that can be changed from "horizontal" to "parallel".

When the option is set to "parallel" the dimension text value is parallel with the arrow, but the text is no londer in line with the arrow, it is either above or below the arrow.

Is there a way to set the value in line with the arrows?
Edited by: nreaves

As has been said above...in the drawing .dtl file set these
text_orientation horizontal
orddim_text_orientation parallel

Volunteer, Thank you for the helpful detail options.

As mentioned in nreaves post, the dim is no longer in line with the arrows (break with space for dim in middle). Option parallel_dim_placement only allows to specify above or below the unbroken line. Do you know how to get the dim line to have a "break" (break command does not work on these parts of the lines) and have the text in the middle?

Also, This the detail options make the change for the entire dwg. Do you know of a way to do it just for a single dimension?

Thank you!

My drawings look like what you want....I'm not sure which one of these options control what you are looking for....here are some more. I don't see any more options that control dimension text. As far as doing it on a single dimension....I have no clue
smiley5.gif

ord_dim_standard std_ansi
parallel_dim_placement above

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back