Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing default name

waltter

while creating new drawing it asks for drawing name and by default there is drwXXXX where XXXX is first free posiblenumber which is not in memory or disk. I would like know if is any posibility to change this def name to some template or much better to name of model which i'm creating drawing from?

It is possible using a mapkey and autoit.

Create a mapkey to save a copy of a part or assembly as a tiff file.(I use tiff, but you can use any other type)

Your autoit script will then obtain the part/assy name from the tiff file and then delete the tiff file

Use autoit to control Proe and select file, new. The default selection is part,so use TAB and DOWN ARROW to get to Drawing. Then paste the name in the dialog box.

The next dialog box to appear can only be guaranteed to work if there are no assembly windows open, as Proe will select an assembly as the default model.

Hope this helps.

well I'm sure that autoit makes life easier...but company which i work for has it's rules and

bureaucratic IT so...
smiley17.gif
I'm gonna wait fo wf4 and hopefully VB...
smiley2.gif

Edited by: waltter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back