Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing bom’s

herb

I am in need of some technical assistance.

I am ceating an exploded view drawing which has several sub assemblies. I have exploded not only the main assembly but also the sub assemblies.

1) As of now only the subassembly's part number shows in the BOM. How do I get the parts of the sub assemblies to show up in the drawing BOM?

2) The BOM is too long to fit on the sheet. How can I divide the BOM into two BOM's and place each of the halves on the sheet?

Thanks in advance,

Herb Spaulding

Got my answer to #2, thanks to Brian Taylor from Raytheon.

Now on to #1. Was my question clear?

Anyone?

Thanks to everyone who responeded, I got exactly what I needed.

Summary:

#1)
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>1. Select the table</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>2. Select repeat region</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>3. Select flat/recursive</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>4. Select recursive</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>5. Select the line item on the table you wish to expand</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>6. Done return</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>7. Done</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>1. Items that you do not want to show in the table may be filtered off</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>2. Select the table</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>3. Select repeat region</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>4. Select filters</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>5. Select by item</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>6. Select the item you want to not show in the table</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>7. Done return</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>8. Done</DIV>

#2)
You can paginate report tables that are on the same drawing sheet, and you can break a table into arbitrarily placed segments on the same sheet. As you add more information to the table, Pro/ENGINEER flows the information into each segment and adds more sheets as necessary, copying the table format (if there is one). It chooses the segments to create the new sheet as follows:

Is there a way to make the table display the all of the recursive levels automatically?

I have a large assembly with upwards of 7 levels. It isn't practical to go through and select each item individually to display recursively.

(if you're wondering I am intending to export the table as a CSV file so that I can build an indented BOM. I haven't found a way to export an indented BOM from the assembly model.)

1. Depending on how large/complex your assembly is it may be more beneficial to split the drawing into several sheets where the first sheet has a top level BOM and refers the reader to subsequent sheets that can further breakdown the BOMs of thesubassemblies.

2. In table attributes, select the region in question and choose "No Duplicates per Level" (No Dup/Level)and "Recursive". That shouldautomatically lists all parts but there can be repetition of parts if the same part, say a screw, is used in multiple subassemblies. No Dup per Lvl basically lists parts ina categorized table by subassembly (if used with indentation this becomes more clear).

"No Duplicates" + "Recursive" should list everything without the per-subassembly organization.

When you select "Flat", the resulting table only looks at the top-level assembly. Using the "Flat" option works well with my first suggestion above when working with large assemblies made up of several subassemblies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back