Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing BOM’s from Instance

smonday

I have created a family table assembly for paint purposes. I then created a drawing for each instance and sent to checking. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I received the drawings back with some necessary changes. I make the necessary changes and lo and behold, the paint isn't showing on my drawing BOM.<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />
smiley7.gif
</v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>At first the items didn't even show in my model tree within the drawing. Then I moved the items higher in the model tree and now they are visible in the tree, but still do not show up in my drawing repeat region. The frustrating thing about this is the fact that not all of the items that are not showing up on the BOM are in the family table.

Has anyone encountered this before and what, if any workarounds are there? I don't really want to create rows in the BOM that aren't driven.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott Monday
[email protected]
Designer
AAR Mobility Systems
201 Haynes St.
Cadillac, MI 49601

Umm must be pretty brainless today. Forgot to check the Simplified Rep. before posting this. Somehow the items that weren't showing on the drawing BOM were excluded.

Not sure how this happened, I know I didn't do it.

Oh well, one of the many quirks of PRO/E.

Sorry for the bad post.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back