Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DRAG TO THE LIMITING PLANE

trillicomm

I have a solid cube that suspends over a flat plate. I'd like to manually drag the cube up and down over the plate BUT not under the plate. How do I set a plate's top surface as the LIMITING plane so the cube CAN'T fly below the plate?

are you asking about an Assembly? if you partially constrain the part in your assembly you can drag with a combination of control and right mouse button. I forget the exact combination unless Pro/E is up.

Depending on which version you are using you can set limits for the cube motion. In WF3 and above you define a connection and you can define limits to the motion as you define the connection. In WF2 you define your connection and switch to Mechanism to apply limits to the joint settings.

Select Planar joint in Mechanism and select both surfaces. Cube will only slide on the surface but will not go under.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back