Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimensions (Show/Erase V’s Added)

No, I don't think so. You can spot manually added dims by switching dims and look for those that begin with "ad". The ones from model begin with "d"

Vlad,

I know that (and use it all the time), its just that some of the newer users here asked me if there was a visual way of doing it. I had never questioned it until they asked me.

Kev

In WF2,

Edit > Highlight by Attributes >

In Dialog box, Select
Item Type: Dimension
Owner Model: The drawing & A 3D model
On Layer: Any or none
Dimension Type: Created and associative
Displayed in View: Any

This will highlight any created dimensions.

Charles

Charleskim,

I like that, very handy way to see which is which, but it is temporary. (If you use Dimension Type: Owned By A Model, only the Show/Erase dims are highlighted, Created and Associative does not highlight ref dims)

I was looking for a way to change the colour permanently on the drawing...., if you have any other ideas, I'm all ears

Cheers

Kev

Of course, you can select other item type i.e. Reference dim to highlight ref dims.

I don't know a way of permanently changing the color.

But I made a mapkey with these selections to show me which are created dimensions. I use this all the timewhen I check drawings.

Charles

You can use the search tool (Edit/Find or control F) and search for all driven dimensions and reference dimensions. Move the items found to the items selected list then close the search tool. All the dimensions will be highlighted. Now RMB, choose properties and change the text style. I don't know how you could have this happen automatically but it could be a mapkey.

jnovel,

I have tried to do something to that affect, but it was very cumbersome (and just a little bit too much for some of the new guys here, they aren't that clever with ProE yet).

Looks like the best method is going to end up being Charles' one

Thanks all...

Kev

It was also just a thought. I have not tested it. But if it can be done by on leyer, you can make the layer in the start part, and the users do not have to mind about how to make it.

DIMS_MODEL for model dims
DIMS_DRAFT for draft dime

Hide one and select the others and modify text color.

I also usually make a layer DIMS_CURRENT and slowly add items to this layer in case I accidentally show all or right click and select show all in view from the model tree and show too many dimensions.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back