Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimensions on Layers - Drawing

dpinho

I wonder how to separate some Inspection Dimensions from all the others and put them on a Layer.

The problem is that I only show functional dimensions on my final drawing, but the manufacturing guys want to see all dimension (and nobody can

It depends on the release that you are. I do not recall if this is in WF2 and below, but in WF3 there are 2 possible suggestions.

One would be to create a Rule Based Layer in the Drawing and have different types of dimensions automatically populate that layer. Although looking at it, there is no option for Inspection Dimensions, you can do Driven, Reeference, and a few others. Or this Rule Based Layer could place all dimensions on the layer, and you could cut and paste the specific dimensions for Inspection to the desired layer. That way both type of Dimensions are layer controlled.

Another suggestion, which again depends on the release, is in WF3 the functionality of an Active Layer was added. Any time a drawing layer is Active, anything that is created will be added to that layer untill it is Deactivated.

When you create the rule based layer filter the dimensions by name. Modify the dimension name of the inspection dimensions to include text that you can search for (ex. d11_insp, search for *insp). If you are using shown dimensions on your drawing you will need to set the layer up in the part model.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back