Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension color change post feature mod

hellomoto

Don't know how to word this properly, but here goes...

After changing a feature, some dimensions in the drawing changes color. Probably indicating that the referenced edge/feature is missing. Assuming that the dimensions I am talking have not changed in value and will not need to (example, the length of an edge was 2", after feature change, length is still 2") I have two questions:

1. Will leaving the dimension in the new state create problems in the drawing? (assuming that the new value is the same and does not need to change)

2. What is the proper way of updating such dimensions? I currently delete (or erase) and recreate (or show). Problem is that it's tedious.

Thx in advance

Shown (model) dimensions will turn green. This will also happen if you change the number of decimal places for the dimension. For these, you need to regenrate the drawing and model.

Added dimesions will turn purple if you edit a feature and delete the reference the dimension used. These you can deleteand recreate or you can edit the attachment and redefine the geometry the dimension references.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back