Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimension annotation rotation

hoover33

I am trying to use "annotation" to put a dimension visible in my 3D model. WF2.0. However, I cannot seem to get it to rotate properly. I am prompted to choose what plan I want the dimension to lie in (sort of like picking a sketch plane), but after that it is always oriented automatically, always the same way, with no way for me to orient it another way. When modifying the text afterwards I can change size, color, font, etc... but if I change the "angle" nothing actually happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ME 2. I can't get the dimension annotation to display either let alone orient it. This is not good. WF3 is no problem to do this. I can't do it in 4.0
Edited by: dickint13

Dickint13,

Do you have 3D annotations turned off in your tools-
>environment menu?

Edited by: csusie

I may be wrong about WF2 but I don't think you can change the orientation of dimension annotations (I've never been able to change the orientation) but you can change the orientation of text annotations. In WF4 their are a couple of ways to set the orientation. To set Annotation Orientation firstselect VIEW>Annotation Orientation. The next way to set the annotation orientation is in the annotation feature dialog box. I've found that if you have an annotation feature already created selecting the Edit Orientation doesn't change the orientaion of the existing annotation but sets the orientation for the next annotation. To edit the orientation in the dialog box place your cursor over the annotation you want to change, it will highlight, and right mouse click and select Current Orientation. You can also set the filter to Annotation, select the annotation you want to change, and right mouse click and select Current Orientation. You can also set the model tree to show annotations, expand the annotation node to show the annotation elements, and use the previous procedure to edit the orientation.
Edited by: kdem

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back