Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension’s witness lines

waltter

first... when i create hole in drawing it's diameter dimension witness line starts right in center point but i wanna to start it from end of center axis...is it posible? i mean not by draging it's handle (cause this way it stay at droped place and when i change diameter of hole its not starting at axis end)

second... same problem with linear dimensions...if i create dim in sketch for example above extruded rectangle but i wanna have it below in drawingi have to drag it - its OK but witness lines stay atached to edge ... by draging them down i haveto place them only "by the eye" ...:( ...but will be nice to atach it's handles to low edge and let's proe make gap between edge and witness line...

When you plot Pro/E will automatically clip all the witness lines with nice even gaps as long as you have not dragged them out into space.

u r right but... if i create dimension in sketcher and i have to move it in drawing witness lines handles stays in its sketch origin and are drawed through edges same problem is with holes when witnes line starts in centre not by the end of axis...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back