Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Differential Gear. Sweep on face of Cylinder

mm391

I have been using Creo Parametric and have found good tutorials online for the sweep function but all the tutorials place the gear teeth on the outside of the cylinder. I want to create differential gear with the teeth on the face of a cylinder, sweeping from the outside of the face to the inside. Can anyone help me and let me know this can be done or any tips to help me do this. (I am trying to model the largest of the gears on the attached photo)

Thanks

Attachments

• differential_limited_slip.jpg
    differential_limited_slip.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 14
This is a hypoid helix gear and getting an accurate tooth will be virtually impossible in any CAD software. Best you can hope for is an approximation. I allow the gear software to figure this out and only create the blank in Creo. Depending on the gear software, you may be better off importing and exported model from the gear software if you need to show a visual representation.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back