Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

difference M040 & M080 & M092 & ...

salam110

hi

the release PTC PRO ENGINEER WILDFIRE V4 M040 & M080 & M092 is be .

But I have a bit problem!

What is difference M040 & M080 & M092. I dont know use which?
smiley5.gif

Take a look at ptc website, there you can compare diffrent releases.

(btw, dont use M090, since its got a bug in detailing...)

//Tobias

tobbo said:
Take a look at ptc website, there you can compare diffrent releases.
I do this, but I can't find diffrent releases.
Pls if u see it, give me link.

I find this: Pro/ENGINEER® Package : Foundation XE, Advanced SE, Advanced XE, Enterprise SE, Enterprise XE.
[url]http://salam110.persiangig.com/other/proengineer_package_ove rview_final.pdf[/url]
but I don't know about M010 , M020 , M030, M040, M080 , M092 and etc.<br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">

Edited by: salam110

hi
what means Datecode? i don't understand.
what related Pro/ENGINEER® Package : Foundation XE, Advanced SE, Advanced XE, Enterprise SE, Enterprise XE.

Hi,

datecodes(or build code)are maintenance releases within a major release (like wf3, wf4).

Date codes are released every 2 months from ptc to fix the bugs in the earlier datecode. It is a progressive build of the software.

generally when a major version is released, they issue the fist build code f000, then move to M010 then M020 and so on, at each of this release, bugs are fixed.

But important thing is that , functionally all the date codes are same.

The bugs and the bug fixes and stability distinguishes them.

Generally if you are upgrading say from wf3 to wf4, then it is good to wait for first 2 build codes to get released, and then implement the 3rd buildcode.

Are you OK now?
Edited by: harichennai

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back