Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Diameter sign in dimensions

geertdaenen

Hallo,

when I've made in my model a threaded hole (in WF3) and I will get the dimension of this hole on the drawing of this model, there always appears a diameter sign before the dimension.

e.g.: I make a model with a M6 hole, when I put the dimension of this hole on the drawing (with the show/erase-feature), this dimension-note is

a work around I know of is over ride dim just put an "o" after the @ in the dim properties text box.

ex

instead of @D

put @oM6

hi there

u can always remove dia symbol which is there in dim properties

just remove the dia symbol & insert M symbol

select the dim got to properties

delete dia symbol

Use Show/Erase and select "Note" instead of dimension.

That will give you the M6 Thread information (tap, drill, depthetc)

After showing it you can right click on the note and "edit value" to remove what you don't want.

Tobyk

mattcoyle said:
a work around I know of is over ride dim just put an "o" after the @ in the dim properties text box.

ex

instead of @D

put @oM6

just for your own info the @O command to overide the dimension text only works for created dimensions not shown dimensions.
smiley2.gif

You can just delete the Dia. symbol and it will not show up. The only required part in the dimesion text is the @D which it will not let you delete.

do a forum search for ".hol" which is a table for your hole feature. there are already some good threads on how to modify the default note that is shown.

Edited by: Vikesfan

If you have created the hole with the hole tool, a not has already been generated and attached to the hole with all of the information necessary for manufacturing.

When you show the dimensions, make sure you show the notes also. You should get an M6x1 (or .75 - the pitch) ... note. This note incorporates all of the hole data: size, class, series, depth, pre-tap drill.

It looks like this in edit mode:

&METRIC_SIZE &THREAD_SERIES - &THREAD_CLASS &STD_HOLE_TYPE &VAR_THREAD &THREAD_DEPTH
&NUMBER_SIZE DRILL ( &DIAMETER ) &VAR_DEPTH &DRILL_DEPTH -( &PATTERN_NO ) HOLE

or

M6x1 ISO - H TAP THRU 5 DRILL (5.000) THRU - (1) HOLE.

I know that it's possible to use the notes. But I don't want to use notes.
But my first question was: how I can erase the diameter-sign automaticaly. I know that in our WF2 there was no diameter sign.
I know that I can erase it manualy, but I don't want to do this for every hole.

Can anybody give me a usefull hint.

Thanks

If you find no better solution, you can create a mapkey which does replace the diameter sign by an "M". You can even select several dimensions and do it for all of them.

I don't there is a setting that will allow you to that automatically. You don't have to modify the dimension properties individually. If the dimensions the selected are all holes you can multi-select the diameter dimensions and remove diameter symbol. However, the reason for not being able to automatically remove it is probably due to you're talking about a thread note vs a dimension. Hole dimensions will include the diameter symbol a thread note does not.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back