Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Detaling (tolerance table)

Naeem

helo dear friends

i need help to use tolerance table

1. TOLERANCE

infact i want to apply iso standard and want that when i make dimention the specified tolerance applied automaticaly only i have to change class of fit
(h6/H7)etc
dia 50 +0.025
+0.015

what is the easy way to apply tolerance

2. symbols

how can i add asymbol in sym pallet
i am taking about text symbols of dimention
when we edit dim using dim properties and add a
symbol. in that pallet i wan to add symbol
not that pallet (insert-symbols-from pallet

ano one can help me please. these twice are creating problem for me

1. Tolerance...

In the part mode....

Edit > SEtup> tol setup>standard > ISO/DIN(by default Proe is ANSI).

Edit > SEtup> tol setup>tol tables > retrive> select the tolerance table that you want....

Now in Drawing Mode....select a dimension > right click > properties...NOW YOU WILL HAVE THE HOLE / SHAFT BASIS TOLERANCES..... THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD SEE....

View attachment 3377

Really useful, but does anybody know how to make PROE retrieve automatically all the tol_tables at startup?

It would be very easy just to edit the dimension and select any tolerance already retrieved, rather than realising that the tolerance you need is not loaded...

Thanks!!

Hi oscar,

You need to set the parameters in config.pro as shown below for automatic loading of the tolerance table. Another point to remember is that, your start part shold be configured for ISO/DIN standards as explained by Srini.

Thank you very much, i'm going to try it right now!! Just to be sure, after the $PROSTDS,is that a yen symbol (

does anyone have a tolerance table for iso that they are willing to share?
smiley24.gif

Is there any way to make my own tol table. i can edit and save a copy of any of tol table used in proe, but how can i get a display of this table in the list. suppose I make International tols (IT-5, IT-12 etc) Thanks.

Hi Tripple Ess,

There is no meaning in using just International Tolerance Grades. They are to be used along with Tolerance Class (like A,B,C,D etc for Hole systems and a,b,c,d etc for shaft systems). Precisiely that is what being done in Pro E when you use ISO tolerance tables. The International Tolerance Grades specify only the tolerance band. However, Tolerance Class defines the Fundemental Deviation. Hence, only a combination of Tolerancegrade and Class gives meaning to the dimensions.

Regards,

Anand

Thank you Anand
May be I have any confusion but I have read a table with name International Toleraces. It is a table for gerneral type of tolerances, like we seen General Dims in ProE. these tolerances are not about fits like F7/g6 ect. When we write 100 TI14 it may be +/-0.3 etc. What I am interested in, is that I edit Genral dims table and save it with any name, which I can do but problem is how to show up in the list where we see " General dims, broken edges, shafts, holes etc " I am not sure i have expressed my intension perfectly or not. Thanks.

Regards,

SAAD

How do you display the limit values in the parenthesis
while keeping the shaft zone (h11) is the display?

Thanks
Rama

SRINIVASANIYER1 said:
1. Tolerance...

In the part mode....

Edit > SEtup> tol setup>standard > ISO/DIN(by default
Proe is ANSI).

Edit > SEtup> tol setup>tol tables > retrive> select
the tolerance table that you want....

Now in Drawing Mode....select a dimension > right
click > properties...NOW YOU WILL HAVE THE HOLE / SHAFT
BASIS TOLERANCES..... THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD SEE....

08_025310_TOLERANCE.jpg">

To display limit values, set the Tolerance Mode to Plus-Minus, then select the Tolerance Table (Hole or Shaft) and choose the table name.

oscarp said:
Really useful, but does anybody know how to make PROE retrieve automatically all the tol_tables at startup?

It would be very easy just to edit the dimension and select any tolerance already retrieved, rather than realising that the tolerance you need is not loaded...

Thanks!!

In your start part select the Edit menu, then #Setup..., #Tol Setup, # Tol Tables, #Retrieve and select all the tolerance tables (click a file and Ctrl+A) for each of the Hole/Shaft tolerance classes.

Confirm/Done.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back