Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Detailing surface finish?

JimiH

Hello

I want to show in a drawing that a specified portion ofa surface has a required surface finish. I created a sketch on the surface to show the required position.

This is detailed like this

I want to change the blue line to a dotted one but proe wont let me.

Anyone have any methods for doing this?

Thanks

Geoff

open your part.

highlight the curve (it show red when highligted)

right click and select properties.

line style window apears

the the requred change in color or line style.

P.S. you and dirctly right click on curve from model tree.

Hey Geoff,

Just an FYI, users of your drawing could be a bit confused if they are used to interpreting per ASME standards where a dotted line is usally used to indicate a sewing or stiching operations.

Achain line (a thick centerline) with dimensions is used to indicate that asurface or surface zone is torecieve additional treatment or consideration. When used as in your example it would be filled with x-hatching.

later Jim

Hey thanks Jim, I'll look into it.

How would I hatch the chosen area, can you do that without having to section?

Thanks

Geoff
Edited by: JimiH

Yep, it is easy. Within the model environment right click on the sketch feature in your modeltree. Select properties. The window pops up and the second tab allows you to select cross hatching and vary the spacing.

i am not getting such kind of window with WF2.

i am getting following kind of window if i select properties of the sketch curve.

Select the sketch and Edit Definition. You should then see a Placement and a Properties tab. Select the properties tab to specify xhatching.

Thanks
Worked perfect in WF2
smiley4.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back