Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Detail View Font

HydroMan

My question:
Creo 2.0
I'm trying to set the way the detail view note comes in. Right now, when we create a detail view, we have to manually change the font of "DETAIL A" to .2 height and filled font. We leave the "SCALE 1.0000" alone. However, I'd like to truncate the decimal places. Right now it displays 1.0000 for a 1:1 scale...which is a bit silly. 1.00 would be more reasonable.

Sure appreciate any pointers.

These are controlled by your drawing options, just like before. Not sure where they hid the menu pick now, I just use the search tool. The options you want are:

def_view_text_height
def_view_text_thickness
view_scale_format
lead_trail_zeros
lead_trail_zeros_scope

If you had things set up before in WF you can just copy over the same config and dtl files.

Ok,
This doesn't do everything I need it to do. I'm wondering if there's a way to just load a note that has been saved that has all of the formatting in it already?

There is the option default_font but that is going to change the font for everything.

I stay away from using a lot of fonts, it just leads to heartache.

If you add [.2] to the &det_scale it will show the value at 2 decimal places (&det_scale[.2]) The number after the period tells Creo where to cut off the number.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back