Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Design an arm extension mechanism

Siva,

You have already identified 2 of the 3 joints you need (cam and pin joint) - just use a slider or cylindrical joint for your piston in order to move your cam along this axis so your cam can open the arms. There is plenty of internal documentation to show you how to create these joints and the cam pair.

Kaz

Hi Kaz

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have done all that. Now the only issue i have is my arm swings beyond a set point and i want to stop it at a certain point. The design has a Stop pin to do that in reality. So the arm stops at a particular point. I am trying to define a slot follower connection but it fails. In my case the slot moves and the stop pin is stationary. I am not sure how to accomplish this. I have attached a picture

I forgot to add this. A cam moves the hinged arm (the one with the slot). I want the arm to start moving (about the hinge) when the stop pin hits the slot. even if the Cam is still pushing. I do not know Slot follower is the way to go. Any other option would help too

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back