Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dependent mirrored part to independent

Plunkard

I have some parts in a huge model that have dependent mirrored objects referencing parts that no longer exist. Is there an easy way to make dependent mirrored parts independent? I'm using Pro-E Wildfire 4. I know I could create a step of the part and replace, but then I have a massive amount of constraints that will be jacked. It seems that should be able to be done, but I can't find it any where.

Hi members,

Presently i too facing an issue in similar manner.

I completed one part and other part is some thing like mirrored and rotated in 180degrees. I know how to create a mirrored part in assembly but rotation of the partwise i am failling up.

Let me give my requirement in another passion. let us take a pencile oneside sharped corner and sharp corner pointed towards top. But my mirror part should be in such a way that sharp corner points towards bottom.

I am working on a casting part with an 700 features in it. Creating the same part onceagain is ...... So i need an idea to create a duplicate of this which will helps me out to save a lot.....

Thanks in advance.

gondi

Mark,

The mirrored part, is it done with "all feature data included"?

In other words, do youhave all the features in the tree.

You can take the dependency away but it will not give you the features back. In other words, it will be a dumb model. Open the part, pick mirrored merge in model tree, edit definition. under the options pulldown you can uncheck dependent. This model will not update to any changes made to the original model from then on.

this does not answer your question but I like to mirror a surface copy as opposed to using the mirror features.I never mirror features because they lock you in so modification are un-friendly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back