Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DELTA doesn’t mirror ?????

marker4x4

Dear all,

does anyone have problem Mirroring (UTILITIES-->NC MIRROR) sequences that include DELTA statement?

The toolpath on the left is original with the DELTA inserted at the to move the tool away from the part
The toolpath on the right has been Mirrored and it looks good except Delta that retains the original direction.
Anyone?

Did you check the code and verify that it is actually doing that? I have had issues where the tool path looked bad but the code was good?

cncwhiz said:
Did you check the code and verify that it is actually doing that? I have had issues where the tool path looked bad but the code was good?

No, it codes exactly as shown - the wrong way around. Yet another glitch? Hmmmm...

Yes, I have had this problem many times. The approach/exit moves seem to be the only part of the toolpath that is bad. Doesn't seem to be a problem when the approach is vertical (no lead in) in Z as long as CS is same orientation as operations CS.

I don't know of any fix for this, I just look for it now and modify what I have to work around it. I have heard that changing output to points_only will fix it, but have not investigated that option.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back