Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Delete 50000 + iterations in PDMLink 9.0

AaronMejia

I have to delete 8 files that have around 50,000 (yes, fifty-thousand) iterations EACH. Deleting them in the normal ways has proven ineffective. I think I'm reaching some limits of windchill and that's why I haven't been able to delete them. I deleted another file with only 16,500 iterations after overriding conflicts and retrying twice, in the background.

Has anyone deleted such a large number of files from windchill? The PTC tech support engineer sounds clueless as to what to do. The method server logs don't tell much about the failure.

Should I try the purge tool? In the PTC training for business administration only mention the purge tool, but never give you an example of how to use it.

PTC tech support needs to help you here. Have the call escalated.

I'm still on intralink, but but I'll throw a bone anyway. If there's a way to show all versions (like the intralink pro/locate) show all 50,000. thenstarting with the oldest grab a couple and see if thay can be deleted. Then maybe try 100 at a time. Sometimes I like to keep the transactions small.

You can only manually delete from the latest version backwards. How many revisions are there; 1? more than 1?

If you want to retain some of the iterations in between revisions you'll have to use the purge feature.

Amansfield:

You said, "If you want to retain some of the iterations in between revisions you'll have to use the purge feature."

There's a purge feature in PDMLink?! Can you tell me where that is please? Is this because you have ProE integrated with Windchill?

-Thank you,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back