Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

default drawing font

rick0_uk

Hello,

Does anyone know how to set the default writing font in the drawing module?

It drives me mad that I always have to change it from 'font' to something more PDF friendly.

Any advice is much appreciated

In drawing, lmb/properties/drawing options. default_font - change from font to any windows font you want (ex: times will change to times new roman).

For a permenent drawing change: go to where pro-e is loaded on your machine, go into the text dir and find "dwgform.dtl". modify this file in wordpad and add this to the end

default_font times (put whatever font you want to use here, I used times new roman)

Krow72

Hi all,

I am resurrecting this thread because I cannot get proe to take Century Gothic as a default. I am also finding that I cannot adjust the width on this font - is it becasue it is a True Type font?

As for the default, no matter how I write it (spaces, no spaces, etc.) I get a WARNING! font not found! in my properties. Please help! We are running to different programs and fonts much match - long story, just need the help.

running WF5, Win7 32bit

thanks!!

tiaj

Edited by: tiaj

Tiaj - for the text you want you just need to set

default_font gothic

to find what proe uses for names, in a drawing edit the font to what you want then read your trail file and it will give you the name of the font as proe see's it. Here is what it looked like in my trail file:

~ Open `note_text_asynch` `opt_font`
~ Close `note_text_asynch` `opt_font`
~ Select `note_text_asynch` `opt_font` \
1 `gothic`
~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `all_apply`
~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_ok`

I have the default set in drawing options/properties (depending what rel. you are using I use wf4 & 5). WF 5 does not have Century Gothic as a font option in the drop down in Text Style. So I copied it from Windows Fonts into proe5/text/fonts. It is still not there, obviously it must be placed elsewhere in the program but cannot figure out where

thanks!

I'm bumping this back up because I know SOMEONE (krow72?) can answer it for me.

thanks!
tiaj

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back