Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Decal rendering problem

jeakes

I am having a problem with a decal (of my company logo) that I placed in Pro/e. The problem is when I hit render the logo looks great except for two thick white lines that appear close to two edges. I have tried to mess with most of the adjustments that I know of, I just can't seem to get the white lines to go away.
smiley5.gif
Can anyone help please.

Make a surface that is slightly larger than the decal area and add the decal to that. Trimming the surface after the decal placement will eliminate the outline.

If this can't work due to the surface shape or boundaries, look at the JPEG or BMP you are using, and see if trimming that prior to applying the decal will work. If the aspect ration and/or size of the decal is specific to the model, that might be the only way to get the size and shape right. you may also have to duplicate a surface in place on your part the is used for placing the surface.

Both of these techniques have worked for me, but not all the time.

Good luck,

Bob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back