Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dec. places of scale in dwg parameters?

tiaj

I have my format parameters set to &scale:1 so that it shows 2:1 - or whatever appropriate scale is. But the default keeps coming up with 3 decimal places "2:000:1" how do I get it to just show the single place? My default dec. place for my dwgs is 3 places but if I change that in my dtl than it will change my dims, etc. have other dwg.

thanks
tj

if you use: &scale[.B] where B is the number of decimal places you are looking for you should get the right information:

&scale:1 = 2.000:1

&scale[.2] = 2.00:1

&scale[.1] = 2.0:1

&scale[.0] = 2:1

Hope that helps.

What version of Pro/E? I do not have that problem and do not have to add the decimal place modifier like jraquet suggested.

How do you have lead_trail_zeros set? I have it set to sdt_default.

It happens if you have view_scale_denominator set to the default value which is 0 or if you're using it the way they are. Set view_scale_format to ratio_colon, change the view_scale_denominator, and you can change the note to &scale (no need to add :1).
Edited by: kdem

If you change view_scale_format to ratio_colon_normalized you don't need to change view_scale_denominator from the default value.

kdem - I am running WF5 and it is not letting me change view_scale_format for some reason. it is set to DECIMAL and when I type in ratio_colon the add/change box remains grayed out :-/ is there another option to be set?

thanks

Are you typing in ration_colon in the option box? Other than that I can't think of why the add/change would still be greyed out. The value for the option box should be view_scale_format and ratio_colon_normalized should be in the value box as well as some other options.

View attachment 5079

I thought it was odd that I was not getting a selection in the drop down. For some reason it was just being quirky. I went back in and got all my choices and changed it and it works, great! thanks :)

another question...
i can get the model and drawing number pulled in but how do I get the drawing's title? Case, bearing, etc. I remember from a long time ago something with :d but cannot find it. a co-worker said &title but cannot make that work.

thanks

The parameter for the drawing name and model name as you would see it in the open file dialog box is &dwg_name and &model_name respectively.

we have a model name xxx_xx_xxx and the drawing name is same but without underscore. then we have the name of the part itself. here is what I mean - looking to fill in "title"View attachment 5080

To get the parameters in the parameter list (Tools>Parameters) of a drawing or model it has the form &parameter:D for drawing and &parameter for the model. If you have more than one model associated with the drawing the session ID number for the model needs to be added. Before you create the note make sure the model you want the parameter of is active (active model is shown at bottom of screen). Type in &parameter and the session ID will be added when you complete the note.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back