Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Date Parameter

mkzler

I have created a new form and a new template that references this form. I have entered the text "todays_date" in a table on the form. As I mentioned above, I have created a template that references this form. When I use this template to create a new drawing, the date that is displayed is the date that the template is created. I would like to display the date that my new drawing is created. I have tried to use the "&todays_date" parameter in the template instead of the form, but I still have the same problem - when I create a new drawing, the date that shows is the date of the creation of the template.

If I create a new drawing using the Empty With Format option (and choose my new format), the date parameter works the way I want it to. But I need to use a template because that is where I must define my views and .dtl options. That is why I have created a template that references a form. Is there a better way to do this?

How can I set this up so that when I create a new drawing, the creation date of that drawing is displayed?

I have been asking a lot of questions lately. Thanks to everyone who has take time to help me out.

<div id="ref"></div>< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>
Edited by: mkzler

You MUST follow this procedure, I am pretty sure:

When you first make the template drawing, you mustcreate it EMPTY (without form)!

Thenmake it Template under Application.

And first now change to your format with Page Setup.

This way in the form the txt still appears like &todays-date. And the date will be aplied on the day you first create the drawing from the template.

Best regards Gunnar

That seems to work!

Thanks a lot for your help and your time this weekend Gunnar. I really appreciate it!
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back