Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Customize BOM // it’s tricky

amol.kinkar

Dear All,

I am facing very small problem but it is very typical.I have created a format which is displaying unit wt, volume, and other parameters of a component in assembly. till this i ve no problem. Problem begin now ..... Check the structure.This contain replication of MOD_1 at different level.This same thing is seen in BOM but i wann to avoide replication of same name on different level and count mod_1 once with all replication to get final count of it which i will multiply with its unit wt to calculate total wt.I have tried it by usein relation with if clauses but it lumpsy and not giving result. So is it possible to use loop like do while, or such other available in programming language.If it is possible plz provide me solution

maybw amol show the table(make it in Paint) to introduce what exactly You want to obtain, `cause I am lost so far...

HI maudib

please see the pic then i think u will get the idea. and possible please let me know about adavace looping if available in proe or any other alternative

Go to: Table -> Repeat Region. Click Attributes (on right menu bar that pops up). Select the Repeat Region in your table. Set No Duplicates, Recursive as options. This will search recursively through all the levels of the assembly and make a "master parts list".

Dear Sir,

Ihave tried this solution but it prints the model once per level of assembly.But if u could take a close look mod_1 replicate in main stream of assembly as well it reflects in sub assemblies as well. Now if i use this recursive option it print mod_1 in main stream once as well prints in sub assembly.So it create confusion while calculating actual quantitiy of mod_1. So can u please check this out.

Dear Sir,

I am working to solve this puzzle.The real pain area is searching the component in different level of subassemblies and part level for common name and then calculating the actual ammount of parts and then finally getting the total wt.This is requirement.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back