Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Custom Mapkey Icons

They are saved in your config.win files you can use copy image while in the Customize Screen dialog and paste them into a photo editor and save them separately if you wish but Pro/E does not save them in any directory. If you do have icons from other programs you can paste them for equivalent mapkeys on Pro.

If you want an icon for Sweep feature take a screen shot of your model tree and copy and crop the model tree picture for the sweep into your mapkey at the bottom of the Commands Tab in Customize Screen.

The icons are 20 x 20 pixels and you can copy the images from a photo editor and use Paste Image to create the mapkey without having to pick pixel by pixel in the poor icon editor Pro/E provides.

I usually save my customize screen settings to a file called mapkey_icons.win and keep a current copy of it in a safe directory.

Michael

mjcole_ptc said:
They are saved in your config.win files

I think you're right, but they don't always 'come along' when the config.win is copied. We have a company config.win wiht a dropdown menu for our mapkey. I've set it up with custom icons and it's copied to each user's machine at Pro|E start up. For some users, the icons aren't there, for others they are. Don't know why and haven't tried to figure it out.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back